Sunday, December 22, 2013

I got a job and a place to live!

I got the job I was talking about in my previous post. I am sooo happy. It is a big brand plus it is a great company plus they pay me pretty good money, even better than what I got in Melbourne. I won't start before 13th of January due to Christmas holidays but who cares. At least I have a job and it is 5 minutes on the train to get to. Very convenient! The apt I live in right now is pure luxury. I can have all for myself for 10 days in January. However, I can only stay here until 27th of Jan as the actual tenant is coming back from South America, so I will have to find a new place by then. Will see how it goes. Not worried about that for now. I've got bigger fish to fry... like baking a cheesecake to celebrate my future job :)
It feels great not to have to share a room with anyone any more. Hostel living isn't for me! Too many people in the room, no proper sleep, constant partying and always busy kitchen. I spent a total of three weeks living in a hostel. Just about enough! I am sharing an apartment with three other people: 2 Aussie boys and a Swedish girl. One of the guys is 26, not sure about the rest, haven't even met them yet!
Did I mention I found this room randomly when I met two of the guys in a bar on a Friday night?
I've got no plans for Christmas so far, will just chill out and wear a Santa hat. I had a plan to do to Bondi or Manly for Christmas day but the weather is not looking great, so beach will be crossed off the to-do-list. Too bad, that was the only thing on my list. New Year's eve is going to be Byron Bay. Rachel (aussie who I worked with in the farm) and I are going there for 4-5 nights camping and partying. Booked camp site for us for 5 nights. Bring on 2014!! Obviously, all prices are inflated, so we ended up paying 175 AUD per person for 5 nights just for a camp site. Should be fun though. I will be flying to Gold Coast on Saturday the 28th where she will pick me up from and from there it is a short hour's drive to Byron. I intended to fly back on the 1st but I will not start working before 13th, so might stay an extra night or few... No plans on that yet.

Aussie accent - so true!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpBYnL5fAXE


No comments: