Friday, April 19, 2013

Murphy's Law proven!

So after 165 job applications I finally got the job that I interviewed for yesterday. It feels like they had already decided it before meeting me and arranged the interview just to see me in person and have a coffee. Well done me. I do not have to worry for a few months now! I will start on Monday and the office is located in a posh Southbank location in the city centre. I too can look like important now every morning going to work and looking fancy. Haha. The company is pretty big in the world so I am sure everyone has consumed some of the products that are sold worldwide. It should take me around 45 minutes to get to work. The train ride is around half an hour and a short walk from the train station to the office.
On Tuesday I attended my first volleyball training session since January. I can still feel the pain in my whole body but the pain could be considered good pain. I will try to attend the training every Tuesday if possible.

Since I have done nothing around here for the past few weeks I can talk about the weather. They aussies are saying that winter is coming. It is only 18 degrees outside. I do not mind, it is like a nice Irish summer. Probably better as it's not that windy over here. Plus most of the days are sunny anyway.
There is something about coffee in this city. People are willing to pay a fortune for a perfect coffee, what ever their preference is. Baristas are highly regarded and coffee needs to be excellent. Of course you pay an excellent price for it as well! I had heard about Melbourne coffee shops before but I thought the story was slightly exaggerated!

Any questions?


No comments: