Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Last week at work

I don’t remember the last time I laughed as much as I did today. The boys at work have really taken their toll on me after finding out I am going to work at the farm. I am a bit worried about the snakes and spiders but they said I should be more worried about the crocs than snakes! I guess that’s the fun part in working with sales guys, they can’t stop slagging each other and now me too. Calling themselves with names like Teflon Terry and Souvlaki. My nickname has been transformed from Ozi to Farmer Dorie. I might get a cork hat for my farm adventure on top of it! Apparently, I will become the real Aussie once I get my farm work done. They have kindly offered me to work here in the office for free so that I wouldn’t have to leave. They said this is a farm too. They really are a nice bunch and they expect me to return after three months. We’ll see about that!

I have already been offered another job 3-6 months by the agency with higher salary but it would be part time only. I have to complete my farm work, so cannot afford to keep working until the end of my visa... Once you get your first office job, all other agencies will immediately want you to work for them. Easy life.

I must take a picture of the team once I finish up on Monday.

No comments: