Sunday, February 17, 2013

Newtown & The Opera House

Yesterday was probably the most beautiful day so far in Sydney weather wise. It started off with a sunny Mocha at a patisserie near the Rocks. Walked around in town a bit and took the train to Newtown to check out the area outside of city centre.
It was also the day that I had my first ever beer in Australia in a lovely beer garden (Diceys could do well in this climate!) Since I did not know which one I would like I was given a choice to taste and pick one.
The winner was the third one (Golden Ale). The guy at the bar said it was the non beer drinkers beer. I guess I am not a beer drinker then :)


After a refreshing beer in the pub at 12 noon we enjoyed a nice walk back to the Opera House and had a bottle of sparkling for 36 AUD to share.
It was the most enjoyable moment so far! Here's one picture for you Eoin.




My day finished off with a couple of hours rest at the Domain in the Botanic Gardens enjoying Tropfest (short film festival). I would have wanted to stay longer and enjoy the music and films but I had not prepared myself for the event and had not brought anything with me. All the locals had their blankets, beer, snacks, wine with them to enjoy the Sunday evening. All I had was a newspaper to  sit on. I did not stay long after the sun set. It was still an enjoyable day out!


No comments: