Friday, February 15, 2013

Today is the 16th

By the way mum, I am one day ahead of you currently. It is 7 am in the morning and it is the 16th of Feb.
So far I have had three attempts of taking the ferry to Manly beach but all these attempts have failed in the last few days.
The weather hasn't been great these days (can't complain though since I need to use factor 30 sun block every day regardless of the weather!) so I have spent the days around in the city. I walked around Kings Cross yesterday - the famous party district. I found nothing special about it and won't be returning there any time soon. It looked dirty and rough.
The plan for today is to walk across the Harbour Bridge. It is supposed to be 1km long. At the time when it was built 80,000 litres of grey paint was used. The reason why it s grey is because grey was the only colour available in such large quantities. Imagine if they had red paint?

Ok, so the update is that we walked across Harbour Bridge.. while hiding from the rain three old guys approached us and asked us if they could take pictures of us.
Apparently, they were on a photography course and one of them was the instructor / teacher. Had no problem saying yes, so I will post a pic once I get it off the amateur photographers!

BTW, got the most amazing mangoes from the local market here. All the fruit and veg looks SOOOOOOOO beautiful, colourful and tempting and on top of all of it, it is also cheap! Cheaper than Tesco in Ireland. 1 kg of tomatoes 1.20 AUD.

No comments: